Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, progressive autoimmune disease that attacks the joints and surrounding tissues. According to the National Institutes of Health, it affects approximately 1.3 million adults in the United States alone. There is no cure for rheumatoid arthritis, but there are treatments available that can help manage the symptoms and slow the progression of the disease. One such treatment is Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine from India that uses a variety of natural therapies to treat illness and promote wellness. In this article, we will explore some of the ayurvedic therapies that are commonly used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, including diet, exercise, massage, and more.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a form of chronic inflammation of the joints. The main symptoms are joint pain, swelling, and stiffness. These symptoms can lead to joint damage, disability, and deformity. There is no cure for RA, but there are treatments that can help relieve the symptoms and slow the progression of the disease. Ayurvedic therapies are one type of treatment that may be effective in managing RA.
Ayurvedic therapies for RA may include dietary changes, herbs, massage, and yoga. These therapies aim to improve overall health and reduce inflammation. There is some scientific evidence to support the use of these therapies in RA management, but more research is needed. If you are considering using Ayurvedic therapies for your RA, work with a healthcare professional who is experienced in this area to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Ayurveda, the traditional medicine of India, has several treatment methods for rheumatoid arthritis.
● Massage with Ayurvedic oils: One of the most popular ayurvedic therapies for rheumatoid arthritis is rejuvenation therapy. This therapy involves massaging the affected joints with warm oil. This improves circulation and reduces pain and inflammation.
● Ayurvedic herbs: Many herbs are used in Ayurveda for treating rheumatoid arthritis, such as ashwagandha, turmeric, and ginger. These can be taken in the form of capsules, powders, or teas.
● Panchakarma: This is a detoxification therapy that includes massage, sweating, and purging. It is said to help remove toxins from the body and improve joint function.
● Yoga and meditation: These practices are said to help reduce stress, which can trigger or worsen rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
● Ayurvedic medicine also recommends several lifestyle changes that can help to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. These include dietary changes, exercise, and stress reduction.
● Langhana (Fasting) is done via full fasting from eating or by providing green gram/rice/barley soups.
● Chikitsa Sodhana (Purification of the body) - This is accomplished by Panchakarma treatment. Treatment is usually long-term, and various operations are performed depending on the patient's health and appearance. To get the best outcomes, therapies such as Snehapanam, Vamanam, Manal kizhi, Virechanam, Podikizhi, Elakizhi, Pizhichil, Vaitharana / Kshara Basti, Navarakizhi, and others are used.
● Chikitsa shamana (Treatment for subsiding the symptoms) It is accomplished by utilising very efficient and time-tested Ayurvedic medicines such as kashaya and asavarista. Choorna, Vati, taila, Rasoushadi, and so on.
In addition to these, Ayurveda recommends strict diets and lifestyle changes to rejuvenate yourself.
A Vata-balancing diet can help to reduce the symptoms of amavata by providing the body with the nutrients it needs to heal. The goal of this diet is to reduce excess Vata in the body, which can help to ease inflammation and pain. To balance Vata, include warming, grounding foods in your diet that are high in healthy fats and proteins. Good choices include cooked vegetables, soups, stews, whole grains, eggs, and dairy products. Spices with a high heat content, such as cayenne pepper and chilli powder, should be avoided. Warming spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and turmeric can take their place. Use room temperature water instead of cold water, and experiment with nut milk such as almond. Try it warm with a tablespoon of honey for added delight. Raw foods, caffeine, alcohol, and sugar should also be avoided as they can aggravate Vata. Avoid eating spicy or uncooked foods since they might cause heat and inflammation, or pitta, in your body.
With years of experience and dedication, we at Au Revoir, Ayurveda Treatment Centre, Palakkad, provide highly effective treatment approaches based on Ayurvedic principles. Ayurveda centres are known for their best rejuvenation therapies and treatments for rheumatoid arthritis without any side effects in Kerala. We recommend an Ayurvedic lifestyle that can improve your health conditions.
If you are considering ayurvedic therapy for rheumatoid arthritis, it is important to find a qualified practitioner. Ayurvedic medicine is a complex system, and it is important to make sure that you are working with someone experienced and knowledgeable. We will help you live a healthy lifestyle!