Flying With Ayurvedic Tips For Health
Modern air travel has made the world more accessible than ever, but it comes with its share of challenges, especially to our health and well-being. Long flights can lead to jet lag, dehydration, digestive issues, and weakened immune systems. Even the busy airports can mess with how we feel. Luckily, we can use some smart ideas from Ayurveda to help us feel better when we fly.
Ayurveda, the ancient holistic healing system from India, offers valuable insights and practices that can help ease these concerns. It talks about "vata dosha" – it's like a way to describe things being fast, light, dry and rough. Think of these qualities as the wind that blows when we're on a plane. Ayurveda will guide us to feel awesome while we're travelling to new places. It has tips that can help us stay comfy and calm, even when we're high up in the sky. So, let's get ready for our flight and learn how Ayurveda can be like a map, guiding us through the bumpy parts of flying. Think of Ayurveda as a friend who's giving us advice on how to stay balanced while we're up in the air.
Let's discuss some Ayurvedic tips to maintain health and balance while flying.
- Keep Hydrated: Low humidity levels in aeroplane cabins can cause dehydration. Carry a reusable water bottle and sip water regularly throughout the flight. To enhance hydration, consider drinking warm water with a slice of lemon or herbal teas.
- Pitta-Pacifying Foods: Choose foods that balance the Pitta dosha, which tends to get aggravated during travel. Opt for cooling foods like sweet fruits, cucumbers, and yogurt. Avoid spicy, oily, and salty foods that can increase heat and acidity in the body.
- Herbal Support: Before and during the flight, consider consuming herbs like Amla (Indian gooseberry), Shatavari (an adaptogen), or Triphala (a blend of three fruits). These herbs can boost immunity, support digestion, and reduce stress.
- Mindful Eating: Eat mindfully and avoid overeating. Aeroplane meals are often heavy and can be difficult to digest. Stick to lighter options and eat in moderation.
- Gentle Stretches: Perform gentle stretches and movements during the flight to improve circulation and prevent stiffness. Neck rotations, ankle circles, and seated twists can help ease tension.
- Oil Massage: Before your flight, consider a self-massage with calming oils like coconut, sesame, or almond oil. This practice can help ground your energy, relax your muscles, and reduce anxiety.
- Deep breathing techniques: These can be used to soothe the nervous system and relieve stress. Alternate nostril breathing or simple belly breathing can be done discreetly during the flight.
- Avoid Alcohol and Caffeine: Both alcohol and caffeine can contribute to dehydration and disrupt sleep patterns. It's best to avoid these substances before and during the flight.
- Sleep Support: For long-haul flights, adapt to the local time of your destination as soon as you board the plane. This can help decrease the effects of jet lag. An eye mask and neck pillow can make sleep more restful.
- Stay Grounded: The Vata dosha can become imbalanced during air travel due to its mobile and airy nature. Counteract this by staying grounded – mentally and physically. Visualisation, meditation, and focusing on positive thoughts can help.
Flying doesn't have to be a taxing experience on your health. By incorporating Ayurvedic principles into your travel routine, you can maintain balance and well-being throughout your journey. From staying hydrated to mindful eating and practicing relaxation techniques, these tips can help you arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to explore. Remember that every individual is unique, so it's important to listen to your body and adjust these practices as needed. Safe travels!
Focus on your wellness!
Au Revoir - one of the best ayurvedic resorts in Palakkad, is a truly peaceful Ayurvedic centre that follows the old ways of Ayurveda to help you stay just right and feeling great. Relax and take it easy in the resort's beautiful surroundings, finding calmness at every step of your journey.
And remember, Ayurveda isn't just for travel—it's something you can carry with you even after you've arrived. We make sure everything during your stay helps you feel balanced and refreshed. As you prepare for your next adventure, let us give you a healthier and happier travel experience. To learn more about Ayurvedic ways and how to make positive changes in your life, visit this ayurvedic treatment centre in Palakkad. Do not miss a chance to discover a whole new you.
Aurevoir Ayurveda Resort
Click on any one of our representatives below to chat on WhatsApp